FPP in YOUR language

FPP in YOUR language

Postby Trausti Hraunfjord » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:53 pm

With the imminent release of FPP with it's new editor on Monday April 18th, I have asked for community support for translating the interface into other languages. The reaction goes far beyond what I expected... Proggy made a Spanish version, and I thought we would be limited to only English and Spanish options on release, but I was so completely wrong.

We are really blessed with an incredibly helpful community, and the following translations (in written moment) have been provided:

Dutch
English
Finnish
French
German
Hungarian
Italian
Malayalam
Norwegian
Portuguese
Russian
Serbian
Spanish
Turkish

Many more languages have been mentioned by various users as being on the way. This has really gone way beyond what I expected in response even before first release!

Remember that this is FPP translation, not FFC, but since the next generation of FFC will be built on the same foundation as FPP, this is the first and not the last translation needed.

The file for translation can be downloaded here:
FPP_Editor_MyLanguage_Translation.zip
(3.11 KiB) Downloaded 241 times

Once translated, you can either send it back to me by email, in a PM or post it in the appropriate language thread in this part of the forums. If you have any problems finding the right words, you could use the language section of the forums to ask other people for help/explanations.

In any case I am very thankful for the positive reactions until now, and I am sure this will bring FPP to people who never even tried making panoramas, because they could not get panorama publishing program in a language they understood.

Again a big thank you to everyone who have already sent in translations, and to those who are in the process of translating, and those who will do so.

Trausti
My destiny isn't carved in granite ...
It's written with a stick in dry sand ... on a stormy day ...
Trausti
Trausti Hraunfjord
Site Admin

Re: FPP in YOUR language

Postby Trausti Hraunfjord » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:03 am

Here is what FPP 2.4 looks like with the first 10 languages:

http://www.screenr.com/SU5

There are a few tweaks left to be done, but release will happen today.

Those who want their language to be included in the first release, can still download and provide the translated texts.
Document for translation is found in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&p=10303#p10303

Thanks to all everyone who have had the patience to wait for this day, and a double portion of thanks to those who have supported the project with their translations.

This is the beginning of a new era for FPP.

Trausti
My destiny isn't carved in granite ...
It's written with a stick in dry sand ... on a stormy day ...
Trausti
Trausti Hraunfjord
Site Admin

Return to FFC: Language Support