Here you can see an example where sounds have been attached to the dashboard buttons, and to a "transparent" hotspot over a door.
This is found in version 2.078 (when this is written, that version has not been released yet).
More life added to panos with this... moving further away from the "silent pano era".
Basic info on howto:
To attach sounds to hotspots. You can
1: Drop a mp3 into the pano
2. Create a set of buttons
3. Delete the source images for the buttons in Hotspots tab (source)
4. Turn off the "Autostart" (default) for playing the sound in the mp3 tab
5. Set "Repeat" to 0 unless you want the sound to play more than once
6. Go to Functions tab
7. Assuming you have a hotspot on screen that should have a sound assigned... for instance dashboard "Info button", you would select that hotspot in the hotspot drawer
8. Locate the sound(number)Play in the Functions list and double click it for editing
9. Delete the "visible=0" and "sound(number)_pause.visible=1" entries from the list, leaving only "sound(number).file=play" in there and click "Finish"
10. Click the "onOver" radio button in the events list
11. Select the "sound(number)Play" function and click the arrow between the lists to attach it to the selected (info) hotspot
12. Do the same functions editing for the sound(number)Stop" function... and attach it to the same hotspot (or the infoscreen itself) with an "onOut" or "onClick" or whatever other event.
This will make the sound play when the mouse goes over the hotspot in question, and stop when it goes out of it.